The Center for Language and Cognition Groningen is pleased to announce the 38th TABUDag, which will take place at the University of Groningen on 22 & 23 June 2017. TABU Dag is an annual international broad linguistics conference which offers excellent opportunities to meet other linguists and discuss current research. Graduate students and (post)doctoral researchers in particular are encouraged to present their work.
The keynote speakers of this year’s edition are
- Risto Näätänen, Academy Professor em. of the Academy of Finland, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience of the University of Tartu, and Visiting professor of the University of Aarhus
- Bart Geurts, Professor Philosophy of Language and Logic, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Mark Dingemanse, from the Max Planck Institute of Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen will give an invited presentation on Open Access publishing
- Anna Papafragou, Professor of Psychology (Language and Cognition Lab), University of Delaware
- Lucia Specia, Professor of Language Engineering, University of Sheffield
We invite abstracts (in English) in any field of linguistics including, but not limited to: syntax and semantics, phonetics and phonology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, developmental linguistics, language acquisition, speech production, discourse and communication, computational linguistics, and neurolinguistics. Abstracts should not be longer than 300 words excluding title, keywords and references. They should be submitted via the following link: http://www.tabudag.nl/ab
To summarize, every presenter, once accepted, will need to prepare:
- a brief presentation (see our presentation guidelines on http://www.let.rug.nl/tabud
- a poster (see our poster guidelines & advice on http://www.let.rug.nl/tabud
Important dates and information
- The deadline for abstract submission is March 31st, 2017
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent before May 1st.
- Registration will be possible from mid-April
- The official language of the conference is English.
- Abstracts should be submitted via the following link: http://www.tabudag.nl/ab
- For further information, please visit the conference website: www.tabudag.nl
- Conference location: Groningen, The Netherlands
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org